On 5/13/2012 6:53 PM, Brown, Charles wrote:
> I'm trying to install multiple instances of mysql on windows 7,
64bit. 3hrs into the job, I'm not making progress. Does anyone have an idea?
1) The installers are designed to work on single-instance installs or
2) You only need one install to run multiple copies of the same release.
The trick is to configure the necessary parts to be unique values
between the instances
3) Each instance needs its own copy of unique data. No two active
instances can share data.
4) The list of other items that must be unique per instance is listed here:
5) (mailing list rule) - avoid hijacking other threads
6) (general support advice) - when having a problem, try to provide
descriptive details regarding what you are trying to do, any commands
you are using, and what types of failures you are encountering
(including any error messages you are receiving). This usually allows
anyone trying to help you to respond in a more focused and less general
MySQL Principal Technical Support Engineer
Oracle USA, Inc. - Hardware and Software, Engineered to Work Together.
Office: Blountville, TN