List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:May 14 2012 1:27pm
Subject:Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Baron Schwartz" <baron@stripped>
>
> Because it can be resolved by rolling back just one of them. Why
> destroy ALL the work people are trying to accomplish, if you could
> just throw away some of it?

What I fail to understand, Baron, is how there can be a deadlock here - both transactions
seem to be hanging on a single-table, single-row update statement. Shouldn't the oldest
transaction already have acquired the lock by the time the youngest came around; and
shouldn't the youngest simply wait until the eldest finished it's update?

Or is this a problem with the consistent view that I'm not seeing?

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
        • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Andrés Tello11 May
          • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Claudio Nanni11 May
            • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Andrés Tello11 May
      • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Baron Schwartz11 May
        • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Andrés Tello11 May
        • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Johan De Meersman14 May
          • RE: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?David Lerer14 May
Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Baron Schwartz14 May
  • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Claudio Nanni14 May
    • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Andrés Tello14 May
      • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Claudio Nanni14 May
        • RE: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Rick James14 May