List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrés Tello Date:May 11 2012 6:40pm
Subject:Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?
View as plain text
Yup, but a far I understand...
I made a

select balance for update where accountid=3235296  lock in shared mode;

 over the same accountid , so the second transacion just would need to wait
to the first transaccion to finish...

That is why I'm confuse if I have a Deadlock o a wait lock...

That is why I'm

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Claudio Nanni <claudio.nanni@stripped>wrote:

> Hello Andrés
>
> did you notice that both transactions are trying to update records with
> same *accountid='3235296' *
> and that they lock the same index page? *space id 5806 page no 69100 n
> bits 176 index*
>
> Cheers
>
> Claudio
>
> 2012/5/11 Andrés Tello <mr.criptos@stripped>
>
>> Ok, so I had a deadlock...
>>
>> But then, why a deadlock doesn't rollback all the transaccion?
>>

>> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Baron Schwartz <baron@stripped> wrote:
>>
>> > Deadlocks and lock wait timeouts are independent of one another. A
>> > deadlock happens when there is a cycle in the waits-for graph. Your
>> > transactions are *active* for 132 and 33 seconds, but the deadlock
>> > happens at the instant the conflict is detected, not after waiting. A
>> > deadlock cannot be resolved by waiting, by definition. Hence the name,
>> > deadlock. The only way to resolve it is to choose a victim.
>> >
>> > On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 3:06 AM, Andrés Tello
> <mr.criptos@stripped>

>> accountid='3235296'
>> not

>> declared
>> 32378480
>> accountid='3235296'

>> not

>> not

>> mode
>> > the
>> > sometives

>> > --
>> > Baron Schwartz
>> > Author, High Performance MySQL
>> > http://www.xaprb.com/
>> >
>> > --

> Claudio

Thread
Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Andrés Tello11 May
  • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Baron Schwartz11 May
    • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Andrés Tello11 May
      • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Claudio Nanni11 May
        • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Andrés Tello11 May
          • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Claudio Nanni11 May
            • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Andrés Tello11 May
      • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Baron Schwartz11 May
        • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Andrés Tello11 May
        • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Johan De Meersman14 May
          • RE: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?David Lerer14 May
Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Baron Schwartz14 May
  • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Claudio Nanni14 May
    • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Andrés Tello14 May
      • Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Claudio Nanni14 May
        • RE: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?Rick James14 May