List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adrian Fita Date:May 10 2012 6:40pm
Subject:How to quickly detect if there are any crashed tables
View as plain text
Hi.

I have several hundreds of databases with MyISAM tables in a server and
after a power outage, I have to manually repair them with mysqlcheck.
Sometimes I forget and it's not nice. So I am thinking of making a
Nagios plugin to check if there are any crashed tables that need repairing.

I tried using "mysqlcheck --all-databases --quick --check
--check-only-changed --fast", but it still took around 2h to run.

I also tried using myisamchk with "find /var/lib/mysql -name '*.MYI'
-exec myisamchk --silent --fast '{}' \;", but still, after 15 minutes,
it hasn't finished.

I am looking for a solution that will give me an answer in at least 3-4
minutes.

I apreciate any sugestions you might have.

Thanks,
--
Fita Adrian
Thread