List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:May 9 2012 10:17am
Subject:Re: One table gets locked by itself
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----

> From: "Claudio Nanni" <claudio.nanni@stripped>

> Yes indeed,
> but I think we are talking about MySQL level deadlocks,
> that can happen only with row level locking and transactions.
> If the deadlock is generated at application level then you can have
> it on anything, also blackhole :-)
Yup, but you don't know where the lock comes from, so that's possible.

However, I just checked the documentation, and he *is* right after all: MySQL claims to be
deadlock-free for table-locking engines, they simply lock all tables at once (I suppose
that means any lock statement will invalidate the previous one) and always lock tables in
the same order.

--

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
One table gets locked by itselfabhishek jain8 May
  • Re: One table gets locked by itselfDarryle8 May
    • RE: One table gets locked by itselfabhishek jain8 May
      • Re: One table gets locked by itselfDarryle Steplight8 May
        • RE: One table gets locked by itselfRick James8 May
          • RE: One table gets locked by itselfClaudio Nanni8 May
  • Re: One table gets locked by itselfnixofortune8 May
    • Re: One table gets locked by itselfDarryle Steplight8 May
    • Re: One table gets locked by itselfnixofortune8 May
      • Re: One table gets locked by itselfClaudio Nanni8 May
      • Re: One table gets locked by itselfJohan De Meersman9 May
        • Re: One table gets locked by itselfClaudio Nanni9 May
          • Re: One table gets locked by itselfJohan De Meersman9 May
            • Re: One table gets locked by itselfShawn Green9 May