List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zhangzhigang Date:May 7 2012 7:53am
Subject:回复: Why is creating indexes faster afte
r inserting massive data rows?
View as plain text
Version : Mysql 5.1

Engine : MyISAM.

The indexes  are normal but neither primary key or unique key.

I should describe mysql question clearly.

When inserting massive data rows to table which need to be created indexes, i can create
indexes before inserting data rows, anther way is that i can insert all data rows firstly
and then create indexes. Normally, the sum using time(inserting data rows and creating
indexes) of first way is longer than the second way.

Please tell me why?