List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Haluk Karamete Date:May 3 2012 5:20pm
Subject:mixing and matching mysql & mssql whileloop within an if case
View as plain text
Please take a look at the following code and tell me if there is a way
around it.

if ($current_server_is_mysql):
    while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($RS)) {
else:
    while( $row = sqlsrv_fetch_array( $RS, SQLSRV_FETCH_ASSOC)){
endif:
Depending on the server I'm working with, I'd like to compile my
records into the $RS recordset the proper/native way. If I can get
pass this part, the rest should be all right cause both mysql and
mssql $row can be tapped into the same way. For example,
$row['fieldname'] will give me the field value whether the row was a
mysql or mssql resource. So it all boils down to the above snippet
failing.

The error I get points to the else: part in the above snippet.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in
D:\Hosting\5291100\html\blueprint\pages\populate_migration_table.php
on line 415
I can understand why I am getting this error.

But, I'm hoping you guys can offer a work-around it without me
resorting to duplicate the entire while loop she-bang.
Thread
mixing and matching mysql & mssql whileloop within an if caseHaluk Karamete3 May
  • RE: mixing and matching mysql & mssql whileloop within an if caseRick James3 May
  • Re: mixing and matching mysql & mssql whileloop within an if caseCharles Brown3 May
  • Re: mixing and matching mysql & mssql whileloop within an if caseBaron Schwartz3 May
    • Re: mixing and matching mysql & mssql whileloop within an if caseRik Wasmus4 May
  • Myisam won't support replicationCharles Brown3 May
    • Re: Myisam won't support replicationAndrew Moore3 May
      • RE: Myisam won't support replicationRick James3 May
      • Myisam won't support replication in an MySQL Cluster environment Charles Brown4 May
  • Myisam won't support replication in an MySQL Cluster environment Charles Brown4 May
    • Re: Myisam won't support replication in an MySQL Cluster environmentReindl Harald4 May
      • RE: Myisam won't support replication in an MySQL Cluster environmentCharles Brown4 May
        • Re: Myisam won't support replication in an MySQL Cluster environmentReindl Harald4 May
        • Re: Myisam won't support replication in an MySQL Cluster environmentJohan De Meersman7 May
  • Re: mixing and matching mysql & mssql whileloop within an if caseAlex Schaft4 May