List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nitin Mehta Date:May 3 2012 11:19am
Subject:Re: master BIN-LOG maintenace
View as plain text
Hi Charles,

I guess your application doesn't generate too much of binary logs. The parameter
"expire-logs-days" kicks in at the flush but does not necessarily require a manual "flush
logs" command. You can reduce the value of "max_binlog_size" to make sure that at least
one new file is created daily and this will force mysql to check and delete old bin-logs.
The default (and maximum) value for this variable is 1G. If I'm not wrong, it is a dynamic
variable, which means you can try different values without a restart of the database until
you find a suitable one.

Hope that helps!

Regards,