List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nitin Mehta Date:May 3 2012 4:24am
Subject:Re: using the bin-log approach on the master side, how can I accomplish my replication objectives
View as plain text
Hi Charles,
I believe you would already have bin-log configured, is that right? If not, you need to.
Secondly, If you think the bin-log generated for the entire stack of databases/schemas is
too big, you may want to restrict it using "binlog-do-db" BUT that may create problem if
you have any DMLs which run in the below manner:
mysql> use db1;
mysql> update db2.tb2 ....
You may be surprised to find that this update will not be recorded in master's bin-log if
you have set "binlog-do-db=db2".
To sum it up, if you're not very sure, simply enable bin-log on master and use
"replicate-do-table" on slave. So in one word response to your question, no!
Hope that helps!
Also, please reply to all so the people, helping you, know about the status of your
problem.

Regards,