List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carsten Pedersen Date:April 30 2012 7:46pm
Subject:Re: mySQL Query and Report Builder
View as plain text
On 30.04.2012 18:53, Don Wieland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a client who needs the ability to do statistical reporting on
> their mySQL db data. Is there an app that provides an easy UI that will
> allow my client to build a line item query, specify fields to be include
> in the result of the query, and then design the way the data will be
> exported or printed? Graphs would be nice, too.
>
> I know I can build this from scratch, but would rather get a hold of
> something already pre-built (open source or shareware) to save me a
> bunch of coding time.

If the client uses MS Office, there's nothing stopping you from using
Excel or Access. Just create a read-only user on the tables they need to
view, and set up the client with Connector/ODBC.

Best,

/ Carsten
Thread
mySQL Query and Report BuilderDon Wieland30 Apr
  • Re: mySQL Query and Report BuilderCarsten Pedersen30 Apr
  • Re: mySQL Query and Report BuilderNuno Tavares30 Apr