List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:April 30 2012 3:03pm
Subject:Re: engine is now innoDB instead of MyISAM.
View as plain text
As others have pointed out, if you are referring to "MySQL Cluster"
proper, aka NDB, the default table type on your 'client' nodes is
irrelevant.  NDB data is stored on the data nodes using the NDB
storage engine.  If you have a cluster-construct based on 'normal'
MySQL tables, that is another matter entirely.

If you do need to switch table types, there is no need to
export/reimport.  simply:
  ALTER TABLE mytable Engine = MyISAM;

It may be time consuming depending on the amount of data you have stored.

 - michael dykman

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Brown, Charles <CBrown@stripped> wrote:
> Well said. Thanks so much.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 29, 2012, at 8:02 AM, "Reindl Harald" <h.reindl@stripped> wrote:
>

>> Am 29.04.2012 14:50, schrieb Brown:
>>> is a complain I received from one of my developer that after following our
> MySQL
>>> Cluster migration, tables are now defaulting to innodb (how can he tell)
>>
>> as already said:
>>
>> the builtin default has changed an you have to configure MyISAM
>> as default yourself with "default-storage-engine = myisam"
>>
>> and yes, InnoDB can be a big problem if your application is only
>> tested against MyISAM because it works completly different inside

> This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and
> may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.
>
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.
>
> If you have received this communication in error, please erase
> all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us
> immediately.
>
> Thank you.

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
RFE: Allow to use version-specific my.cnf filesHonza Horak25 Apr
  • Re: RFE: Allow to use version-specific my.cnf filesAndrĂ©s Tello25 Apr
    • Re: RFE: Allow to use version-specific my.cnf filesHonza Horak27 Apr
      • Re: RFE: Allow to use version-specific my.cnf filesShawn Green27 Apr
        • engine is now innoDB instead of MyISAM. Charles Brown28 Apr
          • Re: engine is now innoDB instead of MyISAM.Reindl Harald28 Apr
            • RE: engine is now innoDB instead of MyISAM.Charles Brown28 Apr
              • Re: engine is now innoDB instead of MyISAM.Claudio Nanni28 Apr
        • Re: RFE: Allow to use version-specific my.cnf filesHonza Horak2 May
    • RE: RFE: Allow to use version-specific my.cnf filesRick James2 May
      • Can the mysql replication limited to one database Charles Brown2 May
        • Re: Can the mysql replication limited to one databasea.smith2 May
          • RE: Can the mysql replication limited to one databaseRick James2 May
            • using the bin-log approach on the master side, how can I accomplishmy replication objectivesCharles Brown3 May
              • Re: using the bin-log approach on the master side, how can I accomplish my replication objectivesNitin Mehta3 May
        • RE: Can the mysql replication limited to one database Rick James2 May
          • Re: Can the mysql replication limited to one databaseClaudio Nanni2 May
            • Re: Can the mysql replication limited to one databaseSinger X.J. Wang2 May
            • RE: Can the mysql replication limited to one databaseRick James2 May
          • RE: Can the mysql replication limited to one database Charles Brown2 May
            • RE: Can the mysql replication limited to one database Rick James2 May
Re: engine is now innoDB instead of MyISAM.Claudio Nanni29 Apr
  • RE: engine is now innoDB instead of MyISAM.Charles Brown29 Apr
    • Re: engine is now innoDB instead of MyISAM.Reindl Harald29 Apr
      • Re: engine is now innoDB instead of MyISAM.Charles Brown29 Apr
        • Re: engine is now innoDB instead of MyISAM.Michael Dykman30 Apr
    • RE: engine is now innoDB instead of MyISAM.Claudio Nanni29 Apr
      • RE: engine is now innoDB instead of MyISAM.Rick James30 Apr
Re: using the bin-log approach on the master side, how can I accomplish my replication objectivesNitin Mehta3 May
  • RE: using the bin-log approach on the master side, how can Iaccomplish my replication objectivesCharles Brown3 May
    • Re: using the bin-log approach on the master side, how can I accomplish my replication objectivesNitin Mehta3 May
  • master BIN-LOG maintenaceCharles Brown3 May
    • Re: master BIN-LOG maintenaceNitin Mehta3 May
      • RE: master BIN-LOG maintenaceRick James3 May
  • RE: using the bin-log approach on the master side, how can Iaccomplish my replication objectivesRick James3 May