List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Malka Cymbalista Date:April 23 2012 2:10pm
Subject:problems with INNODB tables
View as plain text
We are running MySQL version 5.0.45 on a Linux machine. Over the past few months we have
been having several problems:

1.       Our mysql processes have increased the memory used from about .3% per process to
8% per process

2.       We sometimes can have over 100 processes running which brings the machine to its
knees and we have to stop and start MySQL in order to kill all the processes. We think
that maybe the processes are not finishing normally and are just hanging around.

3.       The machine is a web server and in the last few months we are moving over to
drupal 7 to build our sites and Drupal 7 requires INNODB tables.   Sometimes, when we
restart MySQL using the commands /etc/init.d/mysql stop and /etc/init.d/mysql start our
sites that were built in drupal 7 do not come up.  In order for the INNODB tables to
work, we have to stop mysql, rename the ibdata1 file, copy it back to ibdata1 and then
restart mysql. Otherwise the INNODB tables are not accessable.

In the past all our tables were MYIASM.  Our problems started as we started using more and
more INNODB tables. Is there anything special that has to be done to configure MySQL when
using INNODB tables?
We clearly have a problem  but we have no idea where to start looking. Our error logs
don't show anything.   If anyone has any suggestions, we will be happy to hear them.
We are considering hiring a consultant who is an expert in MySQL. We are in Israel and we
are open to suggestions.

Thanks for any help.

Malki Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
Malki.cymbalista@stripped<mailto:Malki.cymbalista@stripped>
08-9343036

Thread
problems with INNODB tablesMalka Cymbalista23 Apr
  • Re: problems with INNODB tablesAndrés Tello23 Apr
    • RE: problems with INNODB tablesRick James23 Apr
      • RE: problems with INNODB tablesMalka Cymbalista25 Apr
        • Re: problems with INNODB tablesAndrés Tello25 Apr
        • RE: problems with INNODB tablesRick James2 May