List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SIVASUTHAN NADARAJAH Date:April 17 2012 10:39am
Subject:Shared memory protocol can be accessed in windows locally
View as plain text
Dear all,

I found the solution:

1.
If you want to use the shared memory protocol
locally on windows

a.
Stop the TCP/IP protocol by adding –skip-networking
in my.ini file.

b.
Add the shared memory protocol by adding –shared-memory
in my.ini file.

c.
Both should be added under [mysqld] option.

[mysqld]

# The TCP/IP Port the MySQL Server will listen on

port=3306

skip-networking

shared-memory

2.
Save the my.ini file.

3.
Stop the mysql service, by services.msc console.

4.
Start the mysql service.

5.
Connect to the server by typing:

Mysql  -h localhost  -u root
--protocol =memory  -p

Enter password : *****

6.
mysql> status;

--------------

mysql
Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.57, for Win32 (ia32)

Connection id:          1

Current database:

Current user:           root@localhost

SSL:                    Not in use

Using delimiter:        ;

Server version:         5.1.57-community MySQL Community
Server (GPL)

Protocol version:       10

Connection:             Shared memory: MYSQL

Server characterset:    latin1

Db
characterset:    latin1

Client characterset:    latin1

Conn.
characterset:    latin1

TCP port:               3306

Uptime:                 51 sec

Thanks.

SIVASUTHAN.

[SCMA, OCP]

 > From: nsivasuthan@stripped
> To: mysql@stripped
> Subject: Shared memory protocol can not be accessed in windows
> Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 17:15:46 +0600
>

> I used windows 7 OS. I try to connect to the MySQL server locally using shared memory
> prtotocolthis error message comes. Any one, can you tell me how to figure out this?
> C:\>mysql -h localhost -u root --protocol=memory --enable-shared-memory -p
> Enter password: ****
> ERROR 2038 (HY000): Can't open shared memory; client could not create request event
> (2)C:\>  Also I am unable to use nt-pipe protocol.C:\>mysql -h localhost -u root
> --protocol=pipe --enable-named-pipe  -p
> mysql: unknown option '--enable-named-pipe'C:\> Thanks.Sivasuthan.

Thread
Shared memory protocol can not be accessed in windowsSIVASUTHAN NADARAJAH14 Apr
  • Re: Shared memory protocol can not be accessed in windowsClaudio Nanni14 Apr
  • Shared memory protocol can be accessed in windows locallySIVASUTHAN NADARAJAH17 Apr
RE: Shared memory protocol can not be accessed in windowsSIVASUTHAN NADARAJAH17 Apr