List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:April 12 2012 1:08pm
Subject:Re: HT Feature
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Kaushal Shriyan" <kaushalshriyan@stripped>
>
> Any performance bottleneck if HT (Hyper Threading) is enabled in quad
> core processors on CentOS 5.8 running MySQL DB Server ? Please help me
> understand about pros and cons of this feature.

That very much depends on your workload. I'd say if you're only running MySQL on that
host, chances are that it's going to be beneficial. Best you can do is benchmark with
production loads - it varies with exact processor type, architecture, versions and build
options of all software, et cetera.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn