List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Ots Date:April 10 2012 8:53am
Subject:Licensing question about mysql_com.h
View as plain text
GPL v2 Section 2 clause b:
   You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in
   whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any
   part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third
   parties under the terms of this License.

From my reading of this, if I create a derived work, my code must use
the same licence. GPL with the linking exception counts as a separate
licence. So my code has to be GPL, and anyone using my code has to
release under the GPL too.

On 10 April 2012 01:19, Michael Dykman <mdykman@stripped> wrote:
> Your code might not qualify for the linking excepetion, but users of
> your code can use the inking exception to licence their product
> however they choose.
Thread
Licensing question about mysql_com.hJames Ots10 Apr