List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kay [DAS] Rozeboom Date:April 9 2012 6:38pm
Subject:Commit commands with SELECT
View as plain text
We have an application with blocks of code that begin with setting autocommit off, and end
with a commit.  The code in between does only selects, no updating.

1)      Am I correct in thinking that the autocommit and commit statements don't really
accomplish anything useful?

2)      If the autocommit and commit statements are unneeded, do they add enough
additional overhead that I should be concerned about them?

Kay Rozeboom
Information Technology Enterprise
Iowa Department of Administrative Services
Telephone: 515.281.6139   Fax: 515.281.6137
Email:  Kay.Rozeboom@stripped

Thread
Commit commands with SELECTKay [DAS] Rozeboom9 Apr
Re: Commit commands with SELECTKaren Abgarian9 Apr
  • Re: Commit commands with SELECTLuis Motta Campos13 Apr
    • Re: Commit commands with SELECTStephen Tu13 Apr