List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:April 7 2012 11:52pm
Subject:Re: Licensing question about mysql_com.h
View as plain text
Not quite true.  Your driver would likely have to be published under
GPL but that allows the linking exception which allows users of your
driver to avoid having to open-source their own works which utilize
the driver.    Should someone decide to code bug fixes or extensions
for your driver, those would necessarily be GPL.

 - michael dykman

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM, James Ots <mysql@stripped> wrote:
> I am writing a MySQL connector for the Dart programming language. I
> was hoping to licence it under the BSD Licence, but since it uses
> modified parts of mysql_com.h, which is licensed under the GPL, I'm
> guessing that I'll have to licence my connector under the GPL as well?
> And therefore, anyone who used the connector would also have to
> licence their software under the GPL too?
>
> Am I correct about this? I looked at the FOSS exception, but it
> doesn't seem to apply in this case.
>
> James Ots

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
Licensing question about mysql_com.hJames Ots7 Apr
  • Re: Licensing question about mysql_com.hMichael Dykman7 Apr
    • Re: Licensing question about mysql_com.hJames Ots9 Apr
      • Re: Licensing question about mysql_com.hMichael Dykman10 Apr
        • Re: Licensing question about mysql_com.hAndrew Moore10 Apr
  • Re: Licensing question about mysql_com.hMike OK11 Apr