List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Ots Date:April 7 2012 10:52pm
Subject:Licensing question about mysql_com.h
View as plain text
I am writing a MySQL connector for the Dart programming language. I
was hoping to licence it under the BSD Licence, but since it uses
modified parts of mysql_com.h, which is licensed under the GPL, I'm
guessing that I'll have to licence my connector under the GPL as well?
And therefore, anyone who used the connector would also have to
licence their software under the GPL too?

Am I correct about this? I looked at the FOSS exception, but it
doesn't seem to apply in this case.

James Ots
Thread
Licensing question about mysql_com.hJames Ots7 Apr
  • Re: Licensing question about mysql_com.hMichael Dykman7 Apr
    • Re: Licensing question about mysql_com.hJames Ots9 Apr
      • Re: Licensing question about mysql_com.hMichael Dykman10 Apr
        • Re: Licensing question about mysql_com.hAndrew Moore10 Apr
  • Re: Licensing question about mysql_com.hMike OK11 Apr