List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shawn green Date:April 6 2012 1:46pm
Subject:Re: Questions about mysql-proxy...
View as plain text
On 4/5/2012 3:14 PM, Wes Modes wrote:
> No one here has any experience with it?

Probably not. If you notice the version number for MySQL Proxy still
starts with a "0." which the universally accepted indicator that it is
of pre-production quality.  Thanks to the corporate changes of the last
few years, the sole developer has been too busy doing his primary job to
really put any more time into the project and no person or group from
the community has stepped forward to help push the project to a final
deliverable state.

Now, with that in mind, we do use the very same Proxy code as the
critical component to the MySQL Enterprise Monitor Agent that is used to
collect QUery ANalysis data (QUAN).  The difference here is that we
wrote the script it executes and stress tested it in our labs to prove
to our satisfaction that it will operate exactly as we wanted it to.

The 'master/slave write/read splitting' sample code on the Proxy site
has NOT been through such rigorous testing. It was provided merely as a
sample on which other, more robust, scripts could be constructed and as
a demonstration of some of the possible uses of MySQL Proxy. You are
more than encouraged to take this as a starting point, adjust it to
match your execution environment and coding styles, then test it in your
lab environment. Once it passes your internal quality review checks,
then you should have the confidence to push it into production.

In conclusion, I am not at all surprised that the population of people
on this list who has either written code for or used MySQL Proxy in
production situations may be very small or none.

Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN
Thread
Questions about mysql-proxy...Wes Modes4 Apr
  • Re: Questions about mysql-proxy...Claudio Nanni4 Apr
    • Re: Questions about mysql-proxy...Wes Modes5 Apr
      • Re: Questions about mysql-proxy...shawn green6 Apr
        • Re: Questions about mysql-proxy...Kristian Davies16 Apr