List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:joe j Date:April 5 2012 7:36pm
Subject:Re: create multiple tables in a single query
View as plain text
>Jan Steinman wrote
>If not, how 'bout the best of both worlds: create a UNIX (or perl) script that loops
>through the country names and creates an SQL script? That would be fast entering AND
> fast
>performing!

Good suggestion. But I am a perl/unix illiterate. However I may learn
in them future-you never know!

>hsv wrote
>I yet suggest that you write an SQL procedure with a constructed string passed to
> PREPARE.

If the shell command works- I'll try that on a new set of tables
soon-then I'd stick with that because I use mysql only sparingly so
don't know advanced techniques. But I'll keep this in mind, just in
case.
Thread
create multiple tables in a single queryjoe j3 Apr
  • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryhsv4 Apr
    • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryRick James4 Apr
      • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryJohan De Meersman5 Apr
  • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryJohan De Meersman4 Apr
    • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryjoe j4 Apr
      • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryjoe j4 Apr
        • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryJohan De Meersman5 Apr
          • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryjoe j5 Apr
            • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryjoe j5 Apr
              • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryJohan De Meersman6 Apr
        • Re: create more tables in a single queryhsv5 Apr
Re: create multiple tables in a single queryJan Steinman5 Apr