List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manivannan S. Date:April 5 2012 2:40pm
Subject:RE: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUX
View as plain text

	I am not facing the MySQL server problem during installation. I have installed those two
rpm packages in my machine successfully and started working in mysql.

	I am trying to the change parameter value in my.cnf file to tune up the server for
performance improvements. For that I stopped MySQL server and try to restart the MySQL
service from that moment onwards I am getting this kind of errors like

	Starting MySQL.Manager of pid-file quit without updating file [FAILED]
	MySQL manager or server PID file could not be found!       [FAILED]
	ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

	I can't go with any other installable packages by keeping the same package I have to
solve this issue. Please give some ideas to resolve this problem.