List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:April 5 2012 10:34am
Subject:Re: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUX
View as plain text

Am 05.04.2012 12:27, schrieb Manivannan S.:
> Hi,
>
>                 In 64-bit Linux(Centos/Red Hat) machine when I am trying to start the
> MySQL service by using service mysql start command , I am getting the following error
>

> I have installed
>
> MySQL-client-5.1.52-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm
> MySQL-server-5.1.52-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm
>
> In my Linux machine

why do you not use "yum install mysql-server" and the packages
of your distribution instead install random binaries

"service myqsld start" is using the init-scripts of the distribution

Error in starting MySQL service on LINUX Manivannan S .5 Apr
  • Re: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXReindl Harald5 Apr
    • RE: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXManivannan S .5 Apr
      • Re: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXReindl Harald5 Apr
        • RE: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXManivannan S .5 Apr
RE: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXManivannan S .5 Apr
  • RE: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXPeter Boros5 Apr
Re: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXPrabhat Kumar5 Apr