List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manivannan S. Date:April 5 2012 10:27am
Subject:Error in starting MySQL service on LINUX
View as plain text
Hi,

                In 64-bit Linux(Centos/Red Hat) machine when I am trying to start the
MySQL service by using service mysql start command , I am getting the following error

Ø  Starting MySQL.Manager of pid-file quit without updating file [FAILED]

If I try to stop the MySQL service I am getting this error

Ø  MySQL manager or server PID file could not be found!       [FAILED]

When I try to start MySQL service from /etc/init.d/mysql start

Ø  ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

I have installed

MySQL-client-5.1.52-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm

MySQL-server-5.1.52-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm

In my Linux machine.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue in MySQL?

Thanks
Manivannan S

DISCLAIMER: This email message and all attachments are confidential and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
email in error, please notify us immediately by return email or to
mailadmin@stripped and destroy the original message.  Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of SPAN,
shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by SPAN.

Thread
Error in starting MySQL service on LINUX Manivannan S .5 Apr
  • Re: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXReindl Harald5 Apr
    • RE: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXManivannan S .5 Apr
      • Re: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXReindl Harald5 Apr
        • RE: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXManivannan S .5 Apr
RE: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXManivannan S .5 Apr
  • RE: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXPeter Boros5 Apr
Re: Error in starting MySQL service on LINUXPrabhat Kumar5 Apr