List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:April 4 2012 10:16am
Subject:Re: create multiple tables in a single query
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "joe j" <joe.stata@stripped>
>
> So what I am trying to get is a script that runs through a list of
> country names (US, UK, NL, etc) and create tables for each one of
> them as above. Is this feasible in MySql?

You can't create multiple tables with one statement; but you *can* put multiple statements
on a single line. However, this does nothing for performance - nor readabiltiy, for that
matter :-)

You could (on *nix) write a simple commandline loop for it, I suppose. Something along the
lines of

for x in UK US BE FR; do mysql -e "create table ${x}_table_new as select blahblahblbah";
done

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
      • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryjoe j4 Apr
        • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryJohan De Meersman5 Apr
          • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryjoe j5 Apr
            • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryjoe j5 Apr
              • Re: create multiple tables in a single queryJohan De Meersman6 Apr
        • Re: create more tables in a single queryhsv5 Apr
Re: create multiple tables in a single queryJan Steinman5 Apr