List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wes Modes Date:April 3 2012 6:03pm
Subject:Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture Suggestion
Wanted
View as plain text
Am I right in seeing that if you can split reads and writes without the
application having to be replication-aware, one does not need multiple
masters?  One can simply have standard MySQL replication, yes?

For us, we only were interested in multiple masters so that we could
read or write from any of the available MySQL nodes.

W.

--
Wes Modes
Systems Designer, Developer, and Administrator

Thread
HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture SuggestionWantedWes Modes30 Mar
  • Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture SuggestionWantedRick James30 Mar
  • Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture SuggestionWantedKaren Abgarian30 Mar
  • Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture SuggestionWantedshawn green30 Mar
    • Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture SuggestionWantedWes Modes2 Apr
      • Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture SuggestionWantedRick James2 Apr
      • Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture SuggestionWantedshawn green2 Apr
        • Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture SuggestionWantedWes Modes2 Apr
          • Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture Suggestion WantedTim Dunphy3 Apr
          • Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture SuggestionWantedIan3 Apr
            • Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture Suggestion WantedJohan De Meersman3 Apr
            • Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture SuggestionWantedWes Modes3 Apr
            • Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture SuggestionWantedWes Modes4 Apr
        • Re: Replication rings/maatkit (was: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN+ VMWare)Wes Modes3 Apr
          • Re: Replication rings/maatkit (was: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare)Eric Bergen3 Apr
Re: HA & Scalability w MySQL + SAN + VMWare: Architecture SuggestionWantedWes Modes4 Apr