List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:March 29 2012 5:20pm
Subject:Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)
View as plain text
I'll disagree with your disagreement.

Many web servers maintain persistent connections.  This leads to
eventually exceeding max_connections, even if connections are rare.
Once he hits 41, he will be issuing 404s, or other bad stuff.

Also, having 1000 http threads hanging around is a waste when you rarely
have 10 active at once.  Or do your threads somehow take a long time
without taking much in resources (CPU, I/O, MySQL, etc)?  If each of
1000 threads took only 1% of the CPU, the CPU would be overloaded, even
on an 8-core box.

--
Rick James - MySQL Geek

Thread
mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Brent Clark27 Mar
  • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)P.R.Karthik27 Mar
    • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Brent Clark27 Mar
      • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Rick James27 Mar
        • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Brent Clark27 Mar
          • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Rick James27 Mar
            • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Reindl Harald28 Mar
              • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Rick James29 Mar
                • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Reindl Harald29 Mar