List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Todd Lyons Date:March 28 2012 3:00pm
Subject:Re: big character constant
View as plain text
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:47 AM, Nuno Tavares <nuno.tavares@stripped> wrote:
> Halász, not sure if I understood correcly, but you "mysql" console/client
> may have different charsets. This means you should set it accordingly. Check

Good catch, I had not considered that.

> mysql> set names utf8;
> Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> select convert(0xE29C94 using latin1), convert(0xE29C94 using utf8)
> \G
> *************************** 1. row ***************************
> convert(0xE29C94 using latin1): ✔
>
>  convert(0xE29C94 using utf8): ✔
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

And THAT was what I expected.  Thank you so much for clearing that up.

...Todd
violent psychopath who knows where you live. -- Martin Golding
Thread
big character constanthsv24 Mar
  • Re: big character constantDavid Turner25 Mar
  • Re: big character constantWalter Tross25 Mar
    • Re: big character constanthsv26 Mar
      • Re: big character constantJohan De Meersman27 Mar
        • Re: big character constanthsv28 Mar
Re: big character constanthsv27 Mar
  • Re: big character constantTodd Lyons27 Mar
    • Re: big character constanthsv28 Mar
      • Re: big character constantNuno Tavares28 Mar
        • Re: big character constantTodd Lyons28 Mar