List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:March 28 2012 11:02am
Subject:Re: Mysqld remote dont stop
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----

> From: "AdmSA" <AdmSA@stripped>

> We have a problem when we try to stop the mysql service (mysql Ver
> 14.14 Distrib 5.5.12, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1) on a
> remote server throught SSH.
> The problem is that mysql_safe, start again mysqld before that mysql
> kill all the connection and stop the process. So cannot stop
> properly the server.
> Attached the log of .err when we send the command “ ssh server
> service mysql stop ”
Hmm, smelly stuff.

My first guess would've been that the init script kills the daemon before it has a chance
to clean up (InnoDB in particular can take a while). To test that, try shutting down
using "mysqladmin shutdown" instead.

However, your error log also points at possible memory corruption - if you can get a
maintenance window, take the machine down and run memtest86 (or appropriate vendor tools)
to verify if there's no hardware problem.

--

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Mysqld remote dont stop AdmSA28 Mar
  • Re: Mysqld remote dont stopJohan De Meersman28 Mar