List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:March 28 2012 11:02am
Subject:Re: Mysqld remote dont stop
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----

> From: "AdmSA" <AdmSA@stripped>

> We have a problem when we try to stop the mysql service (mysql Ver
> 14.14 Distrib 5.5.12, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1) on a
> remote server throught SSH.
> The problem is that mysql_safe, start again mysqld before that mysql
> kill all the connection and stop the process. So cannot stop
> properly the server.
> Attached the log of .err when we send the command “ ssh server
> service mysql stop ”
Hmm, smelly stuff.

My first guess would've been that the init script kills the daemon before it has a chance
to clean up (InnoDB in particular can take a while). To test that, try shutting down using
"mysqladmin shutdown" instead.

However, your error log also points at possible memory corruption - if you can get a
maintenance window, take the machine down and run memtest86 (or appropriate vendor tools)
to verify if there's no hardware problem.

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Mysqld remote dont stop AdmSA28 Mar
  • Re: Mysqld remote dont stopJohan De Meersman28 Mar