List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:(Hal Date:March 28 2012 2:33am
Subject:Re: big character constant
View as plain text
MySQL does have a proper CSV engine; and it's mystifying why it isnt' accessible in any
other way. I say "engine", and you can take that literally: just like you have MyISAM and
InnoDB engines, CSV is also an engine that is applicable to tables.
<<<<<<<<
Yes, I looked into it, but NULL is a problem, and its being in the data directory another
one. The latest version requires NOT NULL for all fields, and that is too much for me. I
believ an earlier version allowed NULL, but that, too, "escaped" it with the word NULL,
as happens if with INTO OUTFILE one also sets FIELDS ESCAPED BY ''. Furthermore, field
names are needed for my use.

CSV reallie is useful, with its simple quoting mechanism. The one extension to allow for
NULL I deem best is that there be nothing between separators for NULL, and a pair of
double-quotes for an empty string.

Thread
big character constanthsv24 Mar
  • Re: big character constantDavid Turner25 Mar
  • Re: big character constantWalter Tross25 Mar
    • Re: big character constanthsv26 Mar
      • Re: big character constantJohan De Meersman27 Mar
        • Re: big character constanthsv28 Mar
Re: big character constanthsv27 Mar
  • Re: big character constantTodd Lyons27 Mar
    • Re: big character constanthsv28 Mar
      • Re: big character constantNuno Tavares28 Mar
        • Re: big character constantTodd Lyons28 Mar