List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:March 28 2012 5:38am
Subject:Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)
View as plain text

Am 27.03.2012 23:24, schrieb Rick James:
> MaxClients          1000
> could overwhelm  max_connections = 41 .  Strongly recommend you decrease
> MaxClients to less than max_connections
> (not the other way around).

totally wrong!

not every http-connection implies a myql-connection
a website typically contains a lot of static files
like images, javascripts, stylesheets and you bring
down your httpd if MaxClients is set too low and
you are unable to serve waiting clients

additionally if KeepAlive is used there are open
httpd-connections with NO db-connection after
serving a dynamic page using one out of MaxClients
for a timewindow based on KeepAliveTimeout

MaxClients on httpd should never be lower than "max_connections"
"max_connections" is primary a question of RAM and typical load

mysqltuner.pl:
[--] Total buffers: 2.4G global + 3.2M per thread (200 max threads)
[OK] Maximum possible memory usage: 3.0G (37% of installed RAM)
_____________________

however - 1000 is much too high if we are speak
about a preforked server on most hardware - keep
in mind that a worker process with mod_php consumes
some MB of memory in a typical environment

but this is all not mysql related

mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Brent Clark27 Mar
  • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)P.R.Karthik27 Mar
    • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Brent Clark27 Mar
      • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Rick James27 Mar
        • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Brent Clark27 Mar
          • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Rick James27 Mar
            • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Reindl Harald28 Mar
              • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Rick James29 Mar
                • Re: mysqld got signal 6 (problem why bigger than I initially realised)Reindl Harald29 Mar