List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:March 27 2012 12:13pm
Subject:Re: Difference between internal data dictionary and table definition file
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Kinaan Khan Sherwani" <mr.sherwani@stripped>
>
> that MySQL server keeps data dictionary information in .frm files
> which it stores in the database directories, whereas InnoDB also stores
> the information into its own data dictionary inside the table space files.
>
> I want to know  where comes the difference between InnoDB internal
> data dictionary and table definition  ( .frm ) files . Do they store the
> same information about a table ?

InnoDB still stores .frm files for the benefit of the MySQL daemon. I'm no master of the
InnoDB internals, but it wouldn't be surprised to find that the internal DD is a superset
of what gets stored in the .frm files.

Perhaps the MySQL devel mailing list might be a better place to look for information on
the guts of InnoDB?

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn