List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kinaan Khan Sherwani Date:March 27 2012 11:46am
Subject:Difference between internal data dictionary and table definition file
View as plain text
Hi,

I am an undergraduate student and want to learn about innodb storage
engine. I came up with this line in mysql reference manual
that MySQL server keeps data dictionary information in .frm files which it
stores in the database
directories, whereas InnoDB also stores the information into its own data
dictionary inside the table space files.

I want to know  where comes the difference between InnoDB internal data
dictionary and table definition  ( .frm ) files . Do they store the same
information about a table ?
If no then kindly help me by telling what information is stored in one that
is different from other.

Waiting for a response,
Kinaan Khan Sherwani

Thread
Difference between internal data dictionary and table definition fileKinaan Khan Sherwani27 Mar
  • Re: Difference between internal data dictionary and table definition fileJohan De Meersman27 Mar