List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 2 2000 7:02pm
Subject:Re: Restoring a backed up db?
View as plain text

Tim> On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 10:42:17AM -0600, Paul DuBois wrote:

>> >Can't myisamchk 'do the right thing' when run on an old-style isam table?
>> >(Where do the right thing may mean running isamchk for you.)
>>
>> ISAM storage format is slated for obsolescence.  Running isamchk automatically
>> arguably would encourage continued use of that format.

Tim> I'd argue that being able to use myisamchk regardless of table type
Tim> would simplify migration.

On the other hand, now you just have to modify your scripts from:

isamchk */*.ISM

isamchk */*.ISM
myisamchk */*.MYI

Not that complicated.

The main problem is that we would rather work with integrating
myisamchk into the server than letting myisamchk start isamchk.  (If
you really need the later, why not writing a little script:
'mysqlcheck' that would automaticly start myisamchk or isamchk on the
table in question)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Restoring a backed up db?Niklas Alberth2 Jan
  • Re: Restoring a backed up db?sinisa2 Jan
    • Re: Restoring a backed up db?Tim Bunce2 Jan
      • Re: Restoring a backed up db?Paul DuBois2 Jan
        • Re: Restoring a backed up db?Tim Bunce2 Jan
          • Re: Restoring a backed up db?Michael Widenius2 Jan
  • Re: Restoring a backed up db?Paul DuBois2 Jan
  • Re: Restoring a backed up db?Niklas Alberth2 Jan