List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Charles Brown Date:March 17 2012 1:33pm
Subject:RE: how to sync mysql.user table between to two mysql instances
View as plain text
Hello johan

Here is what did the trick for me:
1. in mysql-inst1, I created like table called test.user
2. I used mysqldump to pipe test.user table from mysql-inst1 to mysql-inst2
3. in mysql-inst2, I did insert into mysql.user select from test.user

We are migrating from master-slave replication to mysql cluster. My sysprog person has been doing all the work. I was told in a clustered environment, replication should happen automatically -- I'm still waiting for my mysql.user table to automatically syncs itself. A long wait it has been.

Thanks