List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Lerer Date:March 16 2012 6:35pm
Subject:RE: how to sync mysql.user table between to two mysql instances
View as plain text
As a follow up question, will it be ok to do the following:

1. mysqldump -hmysql-inst2 mysql
2. Backup mysql-inst1 and use the backup to restore to mysql-inst2
3. mysql -hmysql-inst2 mysql

This way I hope to be able to refresh a DEV instance from a PROD database, but preserve
the permissions, users, passwords, etc (Assuming of course that the schemas are identical
on the two instances).

Thanks, David.