List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Malka Cymbalista Date:March 15 2012 4:31pm
Subject:problem with INNODB tables
View as plain text
We are running MySQL version 5.0.45 on a Linux machine.  Most of our tables are MyIASM but
we have recently installed drupal 7 and drupal 7 requires INNODB tables. Every now and
then when we restart MySQL using the commands /etc/init.d/mysql stop and
/etc/init.d/mysql start our sites that were built in drupal 7 do not come up.  After much
trial and error we came up with the following solution:
We stop mysql
We remove the files ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1
We rename ibdata1 to ibdata1.old (mv ibdata1 ibdata1.old)
We copy ibdata1.old back to ibdata1 (cp -a ibdata1.old ibdata1)
We start mysql
And everything is fine and the sites that use INNODB tables are fine.

We clearly have a problem but we have no idea where to start looking.  If anyone has any
suggestions, we will be happy to hear them.

Thanks for any help.

Malki Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
Malki.cymbalista@stripped<mailto:Malki.cymbalista@stripped>
08-9343036

Thread
problem with INNODB tablesMalka Cymbalista15 Mar
  • Re: problem with INNODB tablesReindl Harald15 Mar