List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Victor Danilchenko Date:March 10 2012 5:38pm
Subject:Help! The dreaded "Incorrect key file for table 'XXXXXXX'; try to
repair it" error
View as plain text
	Hi all,

	I was upgrading some web software on my server, and its upgrade
involved upgrading its database. After the upgrade, the following error
started appearing:

mysqldump: Got error: 1034: Incorrect key file for table 'notes'; try to
repair it when using LOCK TABLES

	So i tried doing lock and repair:

mysql> LOCK TABLES notes WRITE;
ERROR 1034 (HY000): Incorrect key file for table 'notes'; try to repair it

mysql> REPAIR TABLE notes\G
    Table: sugar.notes
       Op: repair
Msg_type: Error
Msg_text: Incorrect key file for table 'notes'; try to repair it
*************************** 2. row ***************************
    Table: sugar.notes
       Op: repair
Msg_type: error
Msg_text: Corrupt
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

	So i tried stopping mysql server and running myisamchk:

# myisamchk --verbose --force--update-state --key_buffer_size=64M
--sort_buffer_size=64M --read_buffer_size=1M --write_buffer_size=1M
~mysql/sugar/notes.MYI

# myisamchk --verbose notes
Checking MyISAM file: notes
Data records:    9519   Deleted blocks:       0
- check file-size
- check record delete-chain
No recordlinks
- check key delete-chain
block_size 1024:
block_size 2048:
block_size 3072:
block_size 4096:
- check index reference
- check data record references index: 1
- check data record references index: 2
- check data record references index: 3
- check data record references index: 4
- check record links

	but the error is still there, even though myisamchk apparently sees
nothing wrong!

	is there any way to save this table? it was a result of an upgrade that
took about 24 hours to run, so I really don't want to re-do it from scratch.

	many thanks in advance for any sage advice.
Thread
Help! The dreaded "Incorrect key file for table 'XXXXXXX'; try torepair it" errorVictor Danilchenko10 Mar
  • Re: Help! The dreaded "Incorrect key file for table 'XXXXXXX'; try torepair it" errorMikhail Berman12 Mar