List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Lerer Date:March 9 2012 9:46pm
Subject:RE: preg_replace in update statement
View as plain text

Try with a combination of functions LOCATE and SUBSTR.
Locate will return the positions for WordA and WordB within the original text, and, SUBSTR
will allow you to string what you you need all together.
David.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Hank <heskin@stripped> wrote:
> I have a simple problem:
>
> I have a varchar field in the database, and I want to remove all text
> between WordA and WordB, including WordA and WordB, leaving all text
> before WordA and after WordB intact.
>
> Possible with just SQL?  I know I can write a PHP program to do it,
> but it's not that important to spend that much time on.  I'd like one
> SQL statement to do it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Hank

Baron Schwartz
Percona Inc <http://www.percona.com/>
Consulting, Training, Support & Services for MySQL

The information contained in this e-mail and any attached
documents may be privileged, confidential and protected from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient you may not
read, copy, distribute or use this information.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by replying to this message and then delete it
from your system.
Thread
preg_replace in update statementHank8 Mar
  • Re: preg_replace in update statementBaron Schwartz9 Mar
    • RE: preg_replace in update statementDavid Lerer9 Mar
  • Re: preg_replace in update statementhsv10 Mar
Re: preg_replace in update statementHank9 Mar