List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:March 9 2012 9:29pm
Subject:Re: preg_replace in update statement
View as plain text
You may find this helpful: http://www.mysqludf.org/lib_mysqludf_preg/

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Hank <heskin@stripped> wrote:
> I have a simple problem:
>
> I have a varchar field in the database, and I want to remove all text
> between WordA and WordB, including WordA and WordB, leaving all text
> before WordA and after WordB intact.
>
> Possible with just SQL?  I know I can write a PHP program to do it,
> but it's not that important to spend that much time on.  I'd like one
> SQL statement to do it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Hank

Baron Schwartz
Percona Inc <http://www.percona.com/>
Consulting, Training, Support & Services for MySQL
Thread
preg_replace in update statementHank8 Mar
  • Re: preg_replace in update statementBaron Schwartz9 Mar
    • RE: preg_replace in update statementDavid Lerer9 Mar
  • Re: preg_replace in update statementhsv10 Mar
Re: preg_replace in update statementHank9 Mar