List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hank Date:March 8 2012 9:11pm
Subject:preg_replace in update statement
View as plain text
I have a simple problem:

I have a varchar field in the database, and I want to remove all text
between WordA and WordB, including WordA and WordB, leaving all text
before WordA and after WordB intact.

Possible with just SQL?  I know I can write a PHP program to do it,
but it's not that important to spend that much time on.  I'd like one
SQL statement to do it.

Thanks!

-Hank
Thread
preg_replace in update statementHank8 Mar
  • Re: preg_replace in update statementBaron Schwartz9 Mar
    • RE: preg_replace in update statementDavid Lerer9 Mar
  • Re: preg_replace in update statementhsv10 Mar
Re: preg_replace in update statementHank9 Mar