List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Tate-Davies Date:February 29 2012 12:45pm
Subject:Re: syntax to create a user called starsky
View as plain text
On 29/02/12 12:38, Brown, Charles wrote:
> Hello,
> Can someone give me syntax to create a user called starsky and password hutch with
> the following objectives:
> - user the minimum to run back scripts
> - user has the minimum to lock tables
> - user has the minimum to do SELECT on tables
>
> Thx

> This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and
> may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.
>
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.
>
> If you have received this communication in error, please erase
> all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us
> immediately.
>
> Thank you.

You should read these pages:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/create-user.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/grant.html

CREATE USER 'starsky'@'domain/ipaddress' IDENTIFIED BY 'hutch';
GRANT SELECT,LOCK TABLES ON database.* TO 'starsky'@'domain/ipaddress';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

When you say run back scripts, what does that mean? What sort of scripts?

PS. IMO hutch is terrible choice of password for a user called starsky!

--

*Chris Tate-Davies*

*Software Development*
Inflight Productions Ltd
Telephone: 01295 269 680
15 Stukeley Street | London | WC2B 5LT
*Email:*chris.tatedavies@stripped
<mailto:chris.tatedavies@stripped>
*Web:*www.inflightproductions.com <http://www.inflightproductions.com/>

-----------------------------

Registered Office: 15 Stukeley Street, London WC2B 5LT, England.
Registered in England number 1421223

or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is
prohibited. Please note that the information provided in this e-mail is in any case not
legally binding; all committing statements require legally binding signatures.

http://www.inflightproductions.com

Thread
error 1041: Out of memory; Shafi AHMED28 Feb
Re: error 1041: Out of memory;Mihamina Rakotomandimby29 Feb
  • mysql clustering -- any pitfalls ?Charles Brown29 Feb
    • Re: mysql clustering -- any pitfalls ?Johan De Meersman29 Feb
    • Re: mysql clustering -- any pitfalls ?Baron Schwartz29 Feb
  • syntax to create a user called starsky Charles Brown29 Feb
    • Re: syntax to create a user called starskyChris Tate-Davies29 Feb