List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:February 27 2012 9:30am
Subject:Re: how to read existing databases copied from somewhere else
View as plain text

Am 27.02.2012 09:05, schrieb Pengkui Luo:
> Hi, I am new to mysql and have a question regarding how to read/import
> existing mysql databases (i.e. binaries, not sql dumps) copied from
> somewhere.
>
> However, the "show databases;" command did not give me the "foo" database;
> and the "use foo;" command was denied access. Does it have to do with the
> grant table?

no, you missed to set the permissions to the datadir
if you copy the whole datadir grant tables are part
of your structure becuase they are defined in the
database "mysql" as also passwords

how to read existing databases copied from somewhere elsePengkui Luo27 Feb
  • Re: how to read existing databases copied from somewhere elseReindl Harald27 Feb