List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:William Bulley Date:February 24 2012 6:46pm
Subject:Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviour
View as plain text
According to Michael Dykman <mdykman@stripped> on Fri, 02/24/12 at 13:23:

> At this point, I would not know what else to do except fire up
> wireshark and start debugging the packets.

Well, doesn't that beat all, sigh...  Now I'm back to square zero...  :-(

> Are both servers on the same subnet?

Negative.

> Is your DBVisualizer client local to either of these or on the same
> subnet as one and not another?

The DbVisualizer client tool is local to the 5.1.60 server.

> You mentioned a minor version difference between the servers..  Have
> you read the relevant release notes between those versions?

I think that might be a next step, but even more expedient would be
upgrading the 5.1.58 server to 5.1.60 or 5.1.61 version and retest.

> This looks like an ugly one.  I don't envy you.

Gee, thanks for those words of encouragement - NOT!   :-)

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley                     Email: web@stripped

72 characters width template ----------------------------------------->|
Thread
two 5.1 servers, different behaviourWilliam Bulley24 Feb
  • Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourMichael Dykman24 Feb
Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourWilliam Bulley24 Feb
  • Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourMichael Dykman24 Feb
Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourWilliam Bulley24 Feb
  • Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourMichael Dykman24 Feb
Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourWilliam Bulley24 Feb
  • Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourAndrew Moore24 Feb