List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:William Bulley Date:February 24 2012 6:09pm
Subject:Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviour
View as plain text
According to Michael Dykman <mdykman@stripped> on Fri, 02/24/12 at 12:58:

> I see your point.  Configuration files aside, what do you get when you
> query the servers themselves with:
>
>     show variables like 'max_allowed_packet'
>
> There *might* be something in your start-up scripts overriding that
> config setting.

The query on the 5.1.60 server returned this:

   mysql> show variables like 'max_allowed_packet';
   +--------------------+----------+
   | Variable_name      | Value    |
   +--------------------+----------+
   | max_allowed_packet | 16777216 |
   +--------------------+----------+
   1 row in set (0.00 sec)

   mysql>

And from the 5.1.58 server this:

   mysql> show variables like 'max_allowed_packet';
   +--------------------+----------+
   | Variable_name      | Value    |
   +--------------------+----------+
   | max_allowed_packet | 16777216 |
   +--------------------+----------+
   1 row in set (0.01 sec)

   mysql>

This is what I exepected since the my.cnf files are configured
identically on the two servers as I indicated earlier.

BTW, this query was run by us yesterday in an attempt to debug
this issue.  At this point we were stumped and called it a day.  :-(

Today, I got the less than helpful from the support folks at
DbVisualizer and then I contacted "the MySQL community".   :-)

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley                     Email: web@stripped

72 characters width template ----------------------------------------->|
Thread
two 5.1 servers, different behaviourWilliam Bulley24 Feb
  • Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourMichael Dykman24 Feb
Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourWilliam Bulley24 Feb
  • Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourMichael Dykman24 Feb
Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourWilliam Bulley24 Feb
  • Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourMichael Dykman24 Feb
Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourWilliam Bulley24 Feb
  • Re: two 5.1 servers, different behaviourAndrew Moore24 Feb