List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Honza Horak Date:February 23 2012 8:36am
Subject:Re: logrotate script doesn't create a new log file
View as plain text
On 02/22/2012 07:58 PM, Johan De Meersman wrote:
>> Having this line commented, we have to rely on logrotate.conf to have
>> something similar defined and we see an error when using mysql-rotate
>
> Then something else is wrong. Does your MySQL daemon happen to run as a user who can
> normally not create files in the directory where the log files are?

This seems to be the reason. MySQL is run under mysql user and the log
file is located under /var/log in Fedora, so the daemon doesn't have
enough privileges. It's clear now, we'd need to un-comment the line in
such configuration.

Thanks for the tip.

Honza
Thread
logrotate script doesn't create a new log fileHonza Horak22 Feb
  • Re: logrotate script doesn't create a new log fileJohan De Meersman22 Feb
    • Re: logrotate script doesn't create a new log fileHonza Horak23 Feb