List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 22 2012 6:58pm
Subject:Re: logrotate script doesn't create a new log file
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Honza Horak" <hhorak@stripped>
>
> particular reason why the line is not used by default?

Can't be bothered to go look at the script, but it should be doing a "flush logs"
somewhere. The line is commented by default because MySQL will recreate it's logfiles
automatically, and you should only uncomment it if you really feel the need to pre-create
the files with other than default permissions or owners.

> Having this line commented, we have to rely on logrotate.conf to have
> something similar defined and we see an error when using mysql-rotate

Then something else is wrong. Does your MySQL daemon happen to run as a user who can
normally not create files in the directory where the log files are?

> I think the line shouldn't be commented by default.

It should - a well-configured system doesn't need it.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn