List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Honza Horak Date:February 22 2012 5:16pm
Subject:logrotate script doesn't create a new log file
View as plain text
Hi all,

I'm thinking of logrotate script, that is shipped in mysql tar ball
(e.g. mysql-5.5.20/support-files/mysql-log-rotate.sh). There is a
commented line "# create 600 mysql mysql", that should originally ensure
logrotate utility creates a new log file after rotating. Is there any
particular reason why the line is not used by default?

Having this line commented, we have to rely on logrotate.conf to have
something similar defined and we see an error when using mysql-rotate
script alone, such as:

 > logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.d/mysqld

I think the line shouldn't be commented by default.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Honza
Thread
logrotate script doesn't create a new log fileHonza Horak22 Feb
  • Re: logrotate script doesn't create a new log fileJohan De Meersman22 Feb
    • Re: logrotate script doesn't create a new log fileHonza Horak23 Feb