List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chaim Rieger Date:February 20 2012 10:42pm
Subject:Re: Design advice for hotel availability program
View as plain text
On 2/17/2012 4:01 AM, Tompkins Neil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of starting to design a hotel booking system that will
> eventually consist of over 10,000 hotels all with different room types,
> rates and availability for different dates.  My question is does anyone
> have any experience with regards the best way to store the daily rates.  Am
> I best using the following pattern
>
> (1) Default rates/rooms stored in a generic table
> (2) Any exceptions/changes/closed days to the daily rates are store in
> a separate table.
> (3) Any special offer exceptions are stored as a rule
>
> All, should I consider that for any hotel, for any room, for any day I have
> a record in a huge single table ???
>
> Thanks for any help and input.

There is already more than one package out there that does what you are
trying to do, so why not take a look at how they do the db stuff.

also keep in mind that you are working two reservations at once for each
entry

a guest requests an asett (the room)
a guest then promises to pay a certain amount for an asset
an asset can be tied to  a variety or prices, but only one at a time,
unless certain conditions are met.
so no its not easy to do, but it has been done.
http://drupal.org/project/uc_hotel

(ps. no i do not do drupal)

Thread
Design advice for hotel availability programTompkins Neil17 Feb
  • Re: Design advice for hotel availability programChaim Rieger20 Feb
    • Re: Design advice for hotel availability programAndrĂ©s Tello21 Feb
Re: Design advice for hotel availability programJan Steinman20 Feb
  • Re: Design advice for hotel availability programClaudio Nanni20 Feb
  • Re: Design advice for hotel availability programNeil Tompkins20 Feb