List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 17 2012 12:35pm
Subject:Re: Circular Replication & GRANTs
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jason J. W. Williams" <jasonjwwilliams@stripped>
> I've got an issue where two MySQL servers are in circular/multimaster
> replication. One is server_id 6871 and the other 206871. The issue is
> that GRANT statements issued on 6871 are replicated to 206871 and
> then
> back to 6871 where they're applied again. My understanding was that
> 6871 should filter out any replicated statements with it's own
> server_id, however it doesn't seem to be doing that. I've also tried

It should, indeed. How did you end up noticing this? An already-applied grant being
reapplied isn't exactly something you easily notice :-)

As a first thought, you may have log-slave-updates on, which would cause 206871 to
rebroadcast the received grants back to 6871, who will then log them in it's relay log
but, normally, ignore them after that.

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel
Circular Replication & GRANTsJason J. W. Williams16 Feb
  • Re: Circular Replication & GRANTsJohan De Meersman17 Feb