List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tompkins Neil Date:February 17 2012 12:01pm
Subject:Design advice for hotel availability program
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm in the process of starting to design a hotel booking system that will
eventually consist of over 10,000 hotels all with different room types,
rates and availability for different dates.  My question is does anyone
have any experience with regards the best way to store the daily rates.  Am
I best using the following pattern

(1) Default rates/rooms stored in a generic table
(2) Any exceptions/changes/closed days to the daily rates are store in
a separate table.
(3) Any special offer exceptions are stored as a rule

All, should I consider that for any hotel, for any room, for any day I have
a record in a huge single table ???

Thanks for any help and input.

Best,
Neil

Thread
Design advice for hotel availability programTompkins Neil17 Feb
  • Re: Design advice for hotel availability programChaim Rieger20 Feb
    • Re: Design advice for hotel availability programAndrĂ©s Tello21 Feb
Re: Design advice for hotel availability programJan Steinman20 Feb
  • Re: Design advice for hotel availability programClaudio Nanni20 Feb
  • Re: Design advice for hotel availability programNeil Tompkins20 Feb